March 27, 2011

Banana Muffin

IMG_2977.2


Bananas are the cheapest fruit and the most ubiquitous fruit here so it's no surprise that our house is stocked with it all the time. My younger brother loves it so much that when I want to make banana bread there's always none left.

When I saw that there's a bunch of bananas on our table today, I asked my brother to pick out three and don't eat them so I can make banana bread. He loves anything banana so he was ecstatic and gladly did as he was told.


IMG_2968.2


Personally, I don't like bananas very much. I'd take one occasionally and eat half and give the other half to my brother. But I'd happily eat this. It's sweet and moist with just the right amount of banana flavor. It also doesn't have this weird after taste that I don't like about the actual fruit.


IMG_2967.2


Elise’s Banana Bread
Makes 12 muffins

This recipe calls for 3 or 4 bananas but I like to use 3. Four makes it taste too banana-ey. If you're into that, use four. I was also out of butter *gasp* so I used oil.

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar (can be reduced to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a muffin pan. Mix the bananas and butter with a wooden spoon in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined, then the baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gently add the flour, being careful not to overmix. Pour into the pan. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the banana bread cool 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a rack and cooling completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment